If you want to optimize your Google Business profile more efficiently, it's important that the images you upload comply with professional-quality Google My Business visual standards. High-quality photos make a better first impression for users, crucial to your SEO optimization and attracting more online visitors and contributing to the success of your website.
Below, I'd like to guide you through the steps to add, remove, and optimize your images in Google My Business.
There are three types of Google My Business photos:
- Profile photos : Help your customers get to know your business on Google. It is usually the logo of your business or brand.
- Cover photos : Google My Business allows you to customize the top of your profile page with a visual that is unique to your business, just like the Facebook cover photo. When you add a cover photo, the preferred photo of your business listing is automatically adjusted. The cover photo is not the first image to describe your business, but it tells Google that you prefer to view it. So profile photo doesn't always stand out.
- Additional photos, posts, offers, products: Search by users based on the keyword searched by Google, showing the outstanding features of your business consists of photos.
How to Add Google Business Photos
The photos you add will look best on Google if they meet the following standards:
- My Google Business Profile Photo Size: 250 x 250 pixels (minimum 120 x 120 - maximum 5200 x 5300)
- Google My Business Cover Photo Size: 1080 x 608 pixels (minimum 480 x 270 - maximum 2120 x 1192)
- Shared Images: 497 x 373 pixels (minimum width 497pixels - maximum 2048 x 2048 pixels)
- Picture Format: Jpg, Png.
- Image Size: Must be between 10 KB and 5 MB.
- Minimum Resolution: 720 pixels long, 720 pixels wide.
- Quality: The photo should be clear and well lit. Too many photoshop manipulations or excessive filters should not be used. In other words, the image must represent reality.
How do I delete photos from Google My Business?
- Both you and the managers of your business listing, as well as visitors, can add images to your Google My Business profile. You can easily remove uploaded photos under the “Photos” tab in the left column. However, if you'd like to remove photos uploaded by visitors or customers, you'll need to mark them.
- You can mark photos only if they violate Google My Business guidelines.
- According to the guidelines, photos should be relevant to the workplace. Stock image is not allowed and can be removed.
- If you find that a photo uploaded by a customer violates Google Maps photo policies, you can request removal. If you have additional questions, you can always contact me or contact me directly with Google My Business.
By optimizing your Google My Business listing, you contribute to SEO optimization of your website, especially on local searches. Remember, local results will appear higher than organic results in search engine results.
Get plenty of visitors.